Author Topic: Capita selling off Sims  (Read 64 times)

Online zyber

Capita selling off Sims
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »
I see that Capita is selling of the part of their business which deals with educational software. The ESS side of the business deals with mainly Sims. Maybe there is no money in it now?

zyber

Online cully4299

Re: Capita selling off Sims
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
They'll have made their money if they get the 500,000,000 for it

Offline Renegade

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:21:43 AM »
What does this mean for schools?  Do you think it will become an annual subscription or will the new owners provide and support it for free but get money from the government/education sector?

SIMS is good, but there were beginning to be too many useful features that they wanted extra money for adding on.

Online Belfast_Tech

• Technician
  • Board Veteran
  • Speciality: ICT Technician (T3)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »
What does this mean for schools?  Do you think it will become an annual subscription or will the new owners provide and support it for free but get money from the government/education sector?

SIMS is good, but there were beginning to be too many useful features that they wanted extra money for adding on.

I'd say it will continue as normal here.  It would just probably be at an ongoing cost to C2K, similar to licensing for MS products etc.

I always am amazed how much of SIMS could be web based - it's incredibly clunky (although nothing compared to FMS etc) and it's obvious it's bolt on after bolt on, patch after patch.