Author Topic: G Suite  (Read 308 times)

Offline Marty

• Speciality: ICT Technician
G Suite
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »
Just off the phone with c2k. C2k Managers cannot have access to g suite as admin. Agent advised that the google guy at c2k does not have administrator access. Would this be true. It is so frustrating that everything we try to do is locked down by c2k. I need to run a usage activity report to see what teachers and pupils are actually accessing google classroom.

Online Marky_Gee

Re: G Suite
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:40:26 PM »
We got an email from C2k Implementation on Fri 19/01/2018

Delegated Admin Console access

In order to give schools more control over their studentsí experience with G Suite, we have been working with Google to enable access for schools to the Google Admin Console.  This is currently in pilot and will be released to all schools over the coming weeks.  This change will, in particular, allow schools to manage the user settings for chrome browser (eg the allocation of Chrome extensions for their students) as well as control the settings for managed Chromebooks.

I'm guessing the pilot didn't go well or it's only available to schools actively using Chromebooks?

I agree, sometimes it can be annoying when they respond "to do this, we would have to change it in EVERY Primary/Secondary school" even on things that would be an improvement or go unnoticed to most schools.

Offline zyber

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 09:13:41 PM »
Found this last night , might be usefull

https://sites.google.com/c2ken.net/gsuitehelp/home

The delegate admin tab looks interesting but i imagine it will not be a full admin

Online cully4299

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:39 PM »
I had to make all the rooms manually assign the teacher and compile all the codes into a sheet for people. Was a right pain in the behind. If any teacher is missing them they can make it themselves as they are the ones that need them.

Couldn't find many easy ways to work around issues as its all limited on our end.

Offline zyber

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 08:35:58 AM »
The teachers should have created their own classrooms and passed on the codes to someone who could compile them into a spreadsheet and then email them to parents and students. I can log in as a student and join a class to see what the issues are and then leave the class when finished. I received a spreadsheet with every single class code. Teachers need to learn as well and if we do it all then they will learn nothing

Zyber

Online casper

• Administrator
  • Board Veteran
    • http://www.niaviation.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:14:38 AM »
Have never been near Google Classroom - All teachers here, well at least HODs, set up their own department classrooms and deal with any issues. :)
Northern Ireland Aviation Forum and Gallery
Aviation Photos
I don't think you're stupid, I think what you do is stupid.

Online Outlaw27

• Board Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:23:07 AM »
Have never been near Google Classroom - All teachers here, well at least HODs, set up their own department classrooms and deal with any issues. :)
Same here I compiled a list all classroom codes teachers sent me and I believe this was sent out to pupils.

Offline Marty

• Speciality: ICT Technician
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
I logged in to 368 student accounts and entered the join class code manually so save the hassle of constant emails asking how to do it. Now the students just log onto myschool and click google classroom and they are ready to go. 11 hours ill never get back lol  :'( disgusted that no admin facilities can be used to check logins and interaction.

Online cully4299

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
Yeah I just made the rooms and give the codes and send the teachers a list of usernames for those who arenít added but it really need a mass create / add function