Author Topic: Back Again - still sims connection failed for login user, reason: 0 on windows10  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Marty

• Speciality: ICT Technician
Need this more than ever now whilst working from home re covid19.

Is there actually an issue with accessing sims from home on windows 10 device i edited the connect.ini to point to the correct server etc can load pulsar fine and everything seems to be in order. Thought this would have been resolved with the sims update recently but still not. Multiple second and third line engineers tried to resolve this with no luck then they just closed the ticket and never got back to me. Stress

How is everyone loving all the google classroom restrictions under c2k administration lol fun times ahead.

Online Outlaw27

• Board Veteran
Can I ask are you getting the connection symbol in the task bar (the two little circles).  If not then you could try running the VPN fix.  Not sure how I could give it to you.  Lauren on the help desk gave it to me with instructions.  Hope this helps

Offline zyber

Hi

VPN fix folder is in the shared area.

steps i use

Log onto laptop in school and run Sims.
Make changes to the Connect.ini file
Create the shortcut for Pulsar on desktop.
Connect to your wifi at home
run the file inside the VPNfix folder
click on start when window appears
(some files may download on screen)
space invader appears at bottom of the screen
shrink windows and click on Pulsar short cut
Sims should load.

zyber

Offline zyber

a few  pointers

I have been using Sims at home for the past 3 months with no issue.

make sure you are a member of the the Sims remote group

I have seen an issue were a Teacher got the same error and it was the router at home causing the issue as the laptop was tested elsewhere and worked fine. Set up a Hotspot using your phone and see if that works. It was a BT router that was causing the issue.

Online LOUD

• Board Veteran
VPN folder was the fix for me.

Offline Marty

Hi thanks for the replies this is what has been done to date with no luck
I do get the wee space invader symbol connected fine but no luck with pulsar just reason: 0 everytime

Cache profile on device
Unchecked proxy
Applied vb vpnfix
Run secure application manager from external services
Uninstalled and reinstalled sims
Edited connect.ini to support correct server info
Deleted connect.ini and manually pointed sims to destination
Removed all traces of redirect to s:/drive
Always get the login for user failed reason 0

Offline Marty

Also has anybody got a copy of the vpn fix ? has it been updated since before Christmas because my copy is old.

Offline zyber

I can send the vpn fix to you.

you must be using the  c2k laptop in school
you must have logged into the laptop and used Sims in school

I always log into the laptop with the wifi off to start setting up the laptop after the above steps.
first disable the proxy
go to the connect.ini file and make the changes   ( i remove everything that is in there and then add the 3 lines needed)
go to the Sims folder on drive C and make the shortcut for running the Sims program
copy the VPNfix folder to the desktop (i always also put a copy into the root folder of drive c just in case)

connect to your home wifi

Run the VPN fix
Enter your c2k username and password
click on start when it appears
space invader appears
shrink windows
click on Sims shortcut on desktop

This is the only method i use.

I dont understand uninstalling and reinstalling Sims as i did not know we could do that. I simply lift another laptop and set it up.

zyber

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:55:36 AM by zyber »

Online cully4299

Sims at home was the biggest pain ever.  I managed to get 1/3 of them working. The remote connection download was the worst part for me to try and even get working . Give up after 45 mins

Online Belfast_Tech

• Technician
  • Board Veteran
  • Speciality: ICT Technician (T3)
There is a known issue I believe with accessing SIMS VPN with a Sky broadband connection.

Advice is to change content filtering to 18+ (its set to PG or something as default) - this should solve it.  Failing that, advise users to connect using their mobile as a hot spot.

Offline zyber

On a BT router try turning off   Smart setup

zyber

Offline Marty

Got Lauren to forward the vb fix today thanks for offering. Came home ran that turned proxy off changed connect.ini even logged into broadband shield and turned it to 18+ it was currently set as off. Ran pulsar shortcut and still connection failed for user reason 0. So annoying

Online LOUD

• Board Veteran
If you want and not that I doubt you.  Maybe install teamviewer on machine at home and someone on here can check it for you.

I have done 3 installs and no problems.  BT & SKY at home.

A different eye might catch something. If you want PM me I can take a quick look. Offer is there.

You can uninstall teamviewer when finished.

Offline zyber

Hi

Follow the steps in the order I have outlined above.

Try the hotspot on a phone to confirm that it is the router that is the issue.

zyber

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
If you still get error 0 then go into network adapter properties and turn off Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung