Author Topic: MyFiles alternative?  (Read 248 times)

Offline jmcmurray521

MyFiles alternative?
« on: February 24, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »
Good evening

Is it possible to mount my "home drive" to the file system locally (outside of school), rather than going through the MyFiles web interface?

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
Re: MyFiles alternative?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »
Dont think so but never tried it. The interface is too slow. FTP a copy of your stuff to a home server and back again (modified files only) might work. Watch out for GDPR restrictions. Or just copy the files you need to your c2k google drive.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Online cully4299

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »
i just use google drive or the onedrive as either found myFiles not to work or be very slow.

its a shame as it would be handy if it was more responsive.

Online LOUD

• Board Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 04:00:59 PM »
Look at the Google stream install. You can map the drive on your work computer. It's very good. I have all my files uploaded to the drive. Can access my work on any computer with internet connection.

On the computer you will see the drive letter g: for you Google drive. only have to sign in the once in the app with school login. Plus you are covered for gdpr as it's all under c2k supported cloud storage.