Author Topic: Gap Certificate?? Suspect email  (Read 238 times)

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
Gap Certificate?? Suspect email
« on: January 13, 2020, 12:26:27 PM »
I have received an email apparently from the board with an excel attachment claiming to be a Gap Certificate (XLS). Apparently auto generated and from ebsob3@eani.org.uk. I haven' opened it as it looks suspicious. Anyone else get one?? May phone the board on this one. Wouldnt mind only it uses my staff number.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
Re: Gap Certificate?? Suspect email
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 01:11:24 PM »
Phoned board HQ, apparently someone has started work on a new system to do with leave/ absence and it has auto generated the emails. Shouldn't be live.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Offline JMcB

• Technicians
  • Valued Contributor
  • Retired
Re: Gap Certificate?? Suspect email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 12:04:02 AM »
I got the same email, an sure I'm retired don't know why I got it. I emailed back and asked and what it was about and that the Excel file didn't open.  Got this back today.

Hello,

Yesterday you may have received an Oracle notification in error (the email noted an “attached certificate has been automatically generated” by Human Resources). Please disregard this notification and note that no action is necessary.

Our Oracle supplier inadvertently sent this notification as part of system testing. We have spoken with them to ensure checks are in place so this does not happen again.

We apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused. If you have any questions about EA One, you can learn more on our website.

Kind regards,

The EA One Project

EA One Project

Education Authority

Grahamsbridge Road, Belfast, BT16 2HS

E: eaone@eani.org.uk | W: www.eani.org.uk