Author Topic: Bulk import of Pupils Photos  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
Bulk import of Pupils Photos
« on: September 25, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »
We have this years pupils photos sorted by year and group so we thought we would try to bulk import.

In Sims we went to Routines -> Student -> Batch Import Photographs -> By Registration Group
I selected the year-Group folder for photographs
I then selected the appropriate year and group for Students and hit search

First thing the photographs are in alphabetical order the Student list is sorted by gender then pupil name.

Anyway when you get the pupils linked to the photographs correctly you have to input the school sims license file!!!

According to the c2k helpdesk - who put me onto someone in SIMS - this file is supplied by the photography firm!

Anyone any ideas on this???

One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Online dfinney

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Wallace high school
Re: Bulk import of Pupils Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
This was from an old email, so the price might have changed.

I think its a recurring yearly fee now, if i remember correctly it was a one off payment of 180 then 80 a year.

The cost is 70 + VAT per annum

I will need a purchase order number, school name and DFE code. Email will be sent back to whoever emails the request, if you need it sent to someone else please give email address.
Regards
Janet
Distribution Co-ordinator
Capita SIMS
T: 01234 244622
F: 01234 838091
E:
janet.albarella@capita.co.ukwww.capita-sims.co.uk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:51:06 AM by dfinney »
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."

Online dfinney

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Wallace high school
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »
Next year send the admission number with the pupils names and get the photographer to name them by AD Number. It makes it so easy to import them.

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »
If I rename the photos with the admission number is there any way to bulk import them without a license file???
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Online dfinney

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Wallace high school
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 08:39:54 AM »
No you need the license file, theres no way round it.

I even tried picking the file apart but its encrypted.

The way they have to setup now is sims checks back to see if you still pay your yearly fee. The License file stays the same.

The old way was better, we used to wait until the start of October to import the year 8 pupils and then import early the next year before the file ran out. I think they realised people were getting 2 years for the cost of 1.

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »
Ok looked it up:-

From https://www.capita-sims.co.uk/order-photo-licence

Photo Licence valid until 31st March 2020.

Cost
The full year cost of the photo import licence is 80. The initial term of your new licence will run from the month of purchase until 31st March 2020, to run alongside our SIMS annual entitlement year (1st April to 31st March annually). Following your submission of the below order form, the amount to be invoiced will be pro-rated based on the number of months from the month of purchase until 31st March 2020, charged at approximately 6.66 per month. VAT will additionally be charged at the prevailing rate.

Total: 126.67 + VAT Order Date: 27th September 2018

Items will be invoiced upon receipt of order, with all invoices payable within 30 days.

Also see https://jpphotographic.co.uk/school-photography/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Photo_Importer_QRS.pdf for instructions.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:28:19 AM by Stephen »
Carl Jung

Offline Gerard

• Board Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 08:42:00 AM »
re do ours manually every year - i normally take the pics and pass on to the office staff and they import them one by one - must look into this for next year

Online dfinney

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Wallace high school
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 08:57:18 AM »
Its worth it, they tried to give this job to me to do it one by one and i refused.

Your time alone justifies the 80 a year