Author Topic: Pearson onscreen platform  (Read 179 times)

Offline New2C2k

• Speciality: Web Development
Pearson onscreen platform
« on: January 06, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »
Hello folks

It feels like a long time since i last logged onto here and good to see its still active.

I am new to a support function in school regarding supporting computer based exams.  The previous colleague has left us and i have now been landed with this task.

What are the experiences of other techinicans on here when going to set it up for use on the C2K network?   I understand from helpsheet EN035 we can set up an generic exam user account.   As the pearson platform is accessible from a directory on the computer which i need to ensure is accessible on the workstation then i am hoping that i can use the same generic exam user account to logon to the workstations to allow the muliple students to access the program for which they will have a unique username and password to complete the exam?

I hope i didnt talk too much rubbish here and hoping someone else on here would have some experiences to share regarding the Pearson onscreen platform.

Thanks

Online inquisitor

• Technicians
Re: Pearson onscreen platform
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 03:06:19 PM »
I don't think you can simultaneously use one exam account - you need to create separate accounts.

I set up exam accounts for language listening exams, and changed the password after French exam so Spanish exam people could use the same account.

I also set up one exam account per pupil for some coursework assignments.

I've never had to deal with Pearson

Offline Johnny

• Speciality: ICT Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 09:24:52 AM »
Anytime I've needed to use an exam account for either an exam or controlled assessment, I've created one for each user and done a bulk password reset if I needed to reuse the accounts.

Doesn't take too much time to set up.

Online Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 10:11:21 AM »
I just use EN035 although it could be a bit clearer when you need accounts with no internet connection (towards the end o the document).

As Johnny posted I would just create as many accounts as I needed, add whatever groups would be required and bulk change the password - do this at least 24 hours before use in case groups need to wait for replication. Then just give the teacher in charge the password for that examination group.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Offline Gerard

• Board Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 02:02:12 PM »
Yes I do the same but did not know we could re-use the accounts as I generate new each time.

I also create an xcopy batch file to transfer exam files into the accounts which save you doing it manually.
Also does the pearsons test platform not require a machine to act as a server?  - been a few years since I used it but was nearly sure it needed installed.We use IFS e-test platform at the minute which I run on legacy and it also requires server side install, an invigilation install on one station in the room and then a client install for each station being used for the exam.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:06:44 PM by Gerard »