Author Topic: ICT4MFL  (Read 5892 times)

Offline eellison470

• ICT4MFL
  • Speciality: Educational Worksheet Generators & ICT Advice for language Teachers
ICT4MFL
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
Hi all,

I am ICT / Language Teacher. I have developed a website for language Teachers like myself which has the ability to generate educational worksheets for download.

I wanted a way to create word packs and have them saved so that I could quickly create several types of worksheets in PDF and Word Doc format to save me time in future when I needed a resource fast and didn't have time to spent hours in a Word Processor with tables moving things around.

There is also a free ICT course for language Teachers who want to learn about new ICT tools that I have found useful and on developing a personal learning network. This has been done using Moodle 2.0 and can be accessed using an iPhone / iPod  (P.S. You'll need the official app).

I really hope that colleagues find this website useful. The address is http://www.ict4mfl.co.uk. If you have suggestions as to how it could be enhanced or any feedback about how you have used the worksheets in your lessons, I'd love to hear them.

Kind regards,

Edmund.

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
Re: ICT4MFL
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »
Cant get into it from a c2k network stops as it tries to load tweets. Sits at 98% done.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Offline Aaron

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Willis & Co
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:01:59 PM »
tested from here on a BT line and it didnt work either sat at 98%

Offline eellison470

• ICT4MFL
  • Speciality: Educational Worksheet Generators & ICT Advice for language Teachers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Hi all,
        Thanks for the feedback and for testing. I think that you are right about the Twitter widget that is causing issues. It loaded fine on several Computers that I tested it on, although I don't want it slowing down anyone who wants to use the website.

I have removed this code. Please let me know if you find any other issues.

Kind regards,

Edmund.

Offline Aaron

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Willis & Co
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
Just tried it at home on the iPad and the site loads but again brings a loading bar that stops at 98%

Offline eellison470

• ICT4MFL
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
Thank for checking this Aaron. Is this only on the iPad or are you finding this on any other devices / browsers? So far I have tested on different versions of Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and it seems to be loading fine.

I haven't had a chance to test on an iPad yet, so many thanks for flagging this up.

Regards,

Edmund.

Offline Paul

• Board Veteran
  • triumph daytona 675 rider
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »
this is abit like myschool, :D

Offline dfinney

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Wallace high school
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »
link doesnt work as theres a . at the end of the url

http://www.ict4mfl.co.uk/
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."

Offline Stephen

• Board Veteran
    • Banbridge Academy Online
  • Speciality: Black Neck sixth Dan - No Kan Do
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
Seems to be working ok now.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
Carl Jung

Online casper

• Administrator
  • Board Veteran
    • http://www.niaviation.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
Removing the last full stop gives a completely different looking site.
Northern Ireland Aviation Forum and Gallery
Aviation Photos
I don't think you're stupid, I think what you do is stupid.

Offline zyber

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »

Offline dfinney

• Technicians
  • Board Veteran
    • Wallace high school
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
I noticed that as well casper, i dont trust any site were you have to login to get free stuff.
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."

Offline eellison470

• ICT4MFL
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »
Hi all, yes that full stop should not have been included as it is not part of the address.  It was a typo. If you accidentally had visited the url with a full stop, that would have taken you to an error 404 page (aka not found page). Each website will have a 404 page. They are designed to let users know that they have visited a page or address that does not exist and they usually have a link to redirect you back to the main page.

dfinney, I am happy to give you any details that you require. The website is educational and is safe to use since I designed it myself.  Also see http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.ict4mfl.co.uk%2Fworksheets. I am even happy to Skype chat with you if you have any concerns.

There is a free trial for the worksheets and after that there are paid options, so registration is required. The Moodle course is free and does require login. I add to this myself over time since I am passionate about ICT and languages. It simply provides some useful links to resources such as blogging, podcasting etc.

Registration prevents spammers etc gaining access. If you look at the login page for the Moodle course page, it clearly asks that anyone who registers is an Educator and has an educational email address i.e. your School email etc. This means that only Teachers can access it and avail of the course. I am hoping to have it member driven so that other Teachers can suggest content and help build it up as we go along.

I have taken a screenshot to show you what the Moodle area looks like.

I hope that this answers some questions.

Kind regards,

Edmund.