General > General Discussion

HP laptops??

(1/1)

deeboorman:
Has anyone heard what the plan is for the old HP laptops that the Surfaces are replacing? Will we get to keep/purchase them?

Thanks

zyber:
as far as i know, they are going to arrange pickup of the laptops and then they will be removed from the network.

zyber

cully4299:
"We will contact you again to confirm the final number of devices allocated to your school and also to provide advice regarding the previous teacher devices - HP450 and HP 612x2 laptops.  This will include the process for collection and also whether there will be options to retain devices and if so, on what basis."

Not heard anything since this.  I would prefer to retain what we have for a few years and make them general use as always demand for things.

Marky_Gee:
Device Collection
Arrangements for the collection of the old teacher devices (HP Probook 450 and HP Pro x2 612), and in the case of primary schools the Dell Vostro 2520 laptops, will be provided after the Easter break.  Devices will be collected from schools that have received their allocation of new teacher devices.

Nothing yet about keeping/purchasing them

Jim Bob:

--- Quote from: Marky_Gee on April 08, 2022, 10:37:47 AM ---Device Collection
Arrangements for the collection of the old teacher devices (HP Probook 450 and HP Pro x2 612), and in the case of primary schools the Dell Vostro 2520 laptops, will be provided after the Easter break.  Devices will be collected from schools that have received their allocation of new teacher devices.

Nothing yet about keeping/purchasing them

--- End quote ---

Yes. I got a call from the collectors just after Easter. Told them to ring  bsck at a later date as I need time to gather up the 45 laptops they were looking. C2k gave schools little notice about collection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version